- Courses and conferences (4)
- Printables (20)
- Animals (1)
- Body (1)
- Christmas (3)
- Clothes (1)
- Easter (2)
- Food (1)
- Games (1)
- Halloween (2)
- Holidays (1)
- ideas for the lesson (1)
- teenagers (1)
- Mother’s Day (1)
- Speaking activities (1)
- St Patrick’s Day (1)
- The European Day of Languages (1)
- Valentine's day (2)
- Uncategorized (0)
“A Christmas Medley of Lesson Plans” is a collection of nine lesson plans, three for each of the following levels: A2/B1, B1/B2, B2/C1.
Each lesson plan may be used within a lesson of forty-five minutes or longer, depending on the number of activities chosen. Each lesson plan includes one main language task (a reading one, a listening one or a Use of English task) and a few follow-up activities, which may include speaking, writing or vocabulary tasks.
If you prefer, you may use just the main language tasks without any of the accompanyingactivities.
Each lesson plan includes a Student Worksheet that you must copy for each student, and a Teacher Worksheet and Notes, which include the content of the Student Worksheet with the answer key, and suggestions on how to use all the activities. Feel free, however, to use the activities in any way that will suit your teaching style and benefit your students.
At the end of the materials, you can find the tapescripts of all the listening tasks. The audio tracks can be accessed by scanning the QR codes or using the links provided. If the students do that individually, make sure they use earphones/headphones so that they do not disturb each other. If the recordings don’t open automatically after scanning the codes, tell the students to click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and choose ‘open in browser’.
Print length: 56 pages
“A Wise Witch and the Cauldron of Feelings” is a set of 16 activities that can be used around Halloween with students at B1-B2 levels. You can mix and match the activities to suit the needs of your students and yours. Each of the sixteen tasks includes:
- A title that introduces the magical/legendary creatures the task is connected with and the feeling that has been assigned to them in the game.
- An introduction that gives a short overview of the creatures.
- An ingredient of the magical potion that the students can gain if they complete the task.
- An instruction detailing what the students must do in the task that follows
No of pages: 47
“Choose Your Own Christmas Adventure” is a game in which students are faced with a series of decisions and must make choices about the way they are going to spend their Christmas.
The game consists of 44 cards that need to be printed out and laminated (or printed on thicker paper).
No of pages: 13
“Creeping across the Curriculum” is a collection of 14 activities that can be used with students at B1-B2+ levels. Each activity is connected with a different lexical topic from the Curriculum and has a Halloween twist to it.
● You can use a selection of the activities here to conduct a Halloween related lesson and at the same time practise the vocabulary on the topics you are currently working on with your students or would like them to revise.
● You can also use any of the activities here to add a little Halloween flavour to your lessons by choosing one that is aligned with the vocabulary your students are currently working on and this way supplement or expand on whatever you are currently doing with that particular group of students
No of pages: 45
● The game book “Easter” is a set of 11 games that can be used around that holiday.
● The games here will make your students excited about learning, give them a chance to learn about Easter and practise a variety of vocabulary items and grammatical structures.
● You can mix and match the activities and use them with different age groups and levels.
No of pages: 37
“Easter Things” is a set of 12 activities (arranged into 6 pairs) that can be used around Easter with students at B1-B2+ levels. You can mix and match the activities, use them in pairs or as individual activities.
The title of this e-book is a call-back to the series “Stranger Things”, in which the existing world has its “flipped” or alternate version called “The Upside Down”. In “Easter Things”, the activities are presented in pairs in which one activity attempts to be as if the reversed version of the other. Each activity in each pair, however, contains a different language task and/or text. It is the mechanics of the activity that are reversed so you can use both of the activities in each pair or just one, as you see fit.
No of pages: 24
“„Ebook Holidays” is a set of 10 games woth colourful flashcards. It is a pleasant way to revise vocabulary with your students. Easy to use in your group or one-to-one classes. You can use it as warm ups, pair work and group work.”
No of pages: 34
“Language Detective Academy” has been written to commemorate the 45th anniversary of the death of Agatha Christie (1890-1976), but of course can be used at any time. It is a collection of 16 language tasks that can be used with students at B1-B2 levels. All the tasks can be mixed and matched as the teacher sees fit. All of them can be used independently of each other or as a series of connected tasks. Ideas on how to use the tasks can be found below.
The idea is that the students are attending a detective academy where they are learning different language skills needed for their graduation. They can earn various badges for doing different tasks.
No of pages: 26